When the Friedman Hospitality Group decided to bring a new dining experience to the Wyoming Valley, there was no better plating options than that of a farm-to-table dining experience. Under Executive Chef Chad Gelso, the newly branded Bank+Vine, formerly Le Manhattan Bistro, will bring the taste of the country to the city of Wilkes-Barre. But what is seasonal farm-to-table dining and what types of dishes can we expect our chef to serve up?
Seasonal Farm-to-Table Dining
We know farm-to-table sourcing occurs when the food you use for meal prep has come from a local, specific farm, without being passed along to a store or other produce distributor. This may seem like a no brainer, but seasonal farm-to-table sourcing is the same principle, just following your local harvest schedule.
But what produce items can be found seasonally in Pennsylvania? According to The Spruce Eats, following this harvest schedule will give you the best taste (and price) for your farm-to-table experience.
- May and June: Asparagus, fava beans
- May through September: Arugula, scallions, radishes, spinach, thyme
- May through November: Parsley, chard
- June: Strawberries
- July through October: Apples, cucumbers, eggplant, garlic, melons, onions, sweet peppers
- June through October: Oregano, cabbage
- June through August: Corn
- June through September: Carrots
- July through September: Basil, green beans, peaches, raspberries, tomatoes, summer squash such as zucchini
- Late July through mid-August: Blackberries
- July: Cherries
- July and August: Blueberries
- August through October: Watermelon, celery
- August and September: Nectarines, plums, cantaloupes
- September and October: Grapes, kohlrabi
- June through November: Kale, broccoli
- June through December: Beets
- July through December: Potatoes
- August through December: Winter squash, leeks, pears
- August through November: Cauliflower, rutabagas, turnips
- September through November: Brussel sprouts, celery root, pumpkins
- October through December: Parsnips (also available in April and May)
What is Bank+Vine serving up?
We’re all about fresh and local ingredients at Bank+Vine. If you dine with us, your taste buds will be dazzled by the powerful flavors, all while knowing you’re supporting the local community by dining with us.
Some dishes you’ll find on our menu include:
- Chilled Artichoke Barigoule with Guanciale and Lemon Aioli
- Roast Lamb Shoulder with Pomegranate Molasses and Cucumber Salad
- Stewed Swiss Chard and Chickpeas
But we’re only getting started. You can get an up-close look at our new dishes and signature cocktails on Facebook.
Farm-to-Table Seasonal Dining at Bank+Vine
All of us at Friedman Hospitality Group are so excited to bring you a new dining experience right in NEPA. We continue to follow dining guidelines and restrictions to ensure our guests feel safe while dining with us.
Our new hours of operation are:
- Tuesday-Thursday, Sunday: 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday + Saturday: 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
We can’t wait to see you all once more! To book a reservation at Bank+Vine or order curbside pickup, visit our reservations page here, or call (570) 901-4040.