At Bank+Vine, we’re all about the seasonal farm to table concept. That’s why our team frequents local farmers markets, partners with neighborhood farmers, and keeps our green thumbs to seasonal picks.
While we love the fresh tastes and local connection we get to bring to visitors of Bank+Vine, there are a lot of benefits of buying locally grown produce.
What does it mean to buy locally grown?
Buying locally grown food in the simplest terms means to buy produce, meat, eggs, dairy, etc. that has been sourced locally to your specific region. People define locally differently, however, as it could mean your country, city, neighborhood, or even in your own garden.
At Bank+Vine, some of our favorite locally grown producers can be found right at the farmers market on Public Square in Wilkes-Barre where farmers, gardeners, beekeepers, and more come from all over Northeast Pennsylvania to share the harvests of their crops.
Benefits of Buying Locally Grown
While we love the fresh, seasonal tastes of locally grown goods, there are a ton of health and economic benefits to buying locally grown!
- Food safety.For many, the idea of not knowing what chemicals and preservatives are being used on your produce is scary. Oftentimes, your local farmers will use little to no pesticides to keep things fresh, seasonal, and safe for consumers.
- Balanced eating.When you eat locally grown foods, you are also eating seasonal produce. This is great for the health benefits as you are depending on fresh items to give you nutrients, not prepackaged, processed items.
- Promotes the local economy.When you support local farmers, you aren’t just buying fresh produce. You’re helping grow the local economy, support a family, and keep a farm running. It’s great for people, and even better for the local biodiversity.
- It supplies local businesses. When we buy locally grown goods, we’re able to serve our customers only the best in farm-fresh. But we aren’t the only ones. When we partner with local producers, we help support other small businesses which in turn, boosts our local economy.
- Builds community.Going to the farmers market isn’t just the way we get some of our favorite seasonal ingredients, it’s also building our sense of community. By sourcing local, we’re able to meet the very people in our community who enjoy our service, and we, in turn, love their goods!
There are so many reasons we should all buy locally grown! But maybe you aren’t sure what to do with your local produce and farm finds. No worries–our culinary team at Bank+Vine will serve up seasonal farm-fresh dishes for you and the entire family to enjoy!
Enjoy Farm Fresh, Locally Sourced Dishes at Bank+Vine
Dining locally has never been so fresh. Our culinary team at Bank+Vine is serving up great dishes under the direction of Executive Chef Chad Gelso. From savory dishes to sweet treats, we have something for everyone.
Our hours of operation are:
- Tuesday-Thursday: 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday + Saturday: 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for brunch; 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. for dinner
To book a reservation at Bank+Vine, visit our reservations page here or call (570) 901-4040.